Saturday 17 August 2019

The "Magician Card"

 You may have been reading the previous posts and thought to yourself:

 "Why does he keep calling himself a magician? Isn't he just a writer? Can he even do magic tricks?"

 It's a pretty understandable question, really. And if you are one amongst the rarities that have read the previous posts and understood why I referred to myself as a Magician, I shall congratulate you, perhaps you're somewhat of a Magician yourself.

 But alas, I shall reveal to you the trick to my claim.


 First things first, let me introduce you to this card. You may know what this card implies already, or you don't have any idea whatsoever. This card is a tarot card used in fortune readings, and this one is the second card that appears in the Major Arcana Deck system: No.1 - The Magician Arcana.

 And before I explain the symbolism of this card, I shall explain the symbolism of the very first card in the Major Arcana Deck: No.0 - The Fool. The Fool is a person who sets out on a journey, not knowing where their path will lead them to, and never gave thought of what they want to be.

 The Fool represents you, me, and everybody during the time we were first born to this world. It could also represent us during our first days of school, work, or even travel to a foreign country. It's us when we had no idea what's in store for us. It's everytime there was a blank page in a book, seemingly empty, but could be written with any means of writing.


 So how about The Magician?

 The Magician is a person who holds everything, and are able to manifest anything. He learns many magical spells, and with all his spells, he brewed, mixed, and imbued those spells into his audience's mind.

 The Magician could be you when you were a child with many ambitions, or it could be you in a school, excited about the many friends you can make, or the numerous school clubs you've been thinking to join at.

 In oneself, The Magician is everyone when they were on the dreamer phase, able to create many, many ideas in their mind and likes to dream a lot about the possible futures that their ideas serves.

 And when someone have the personality of a Magician, they would implant those dreams into everyone. Spoke about it as if it is something that will come true, and are able to amaze others of their amazing ideas. Will it come true? Or is it just a mere pipe dream?

 Just like a magic trick, it's all up to you which to believe. The Magician, already knows the answer. In another person, The Magician could be your parents, your teacher, or your group leader. They gave you dreams and goals to achieve. They spoke highly of the many futures you can have, and they amaze you with the dreams they present unto you.

 But will what your parents, teachers, leaders told you truly come true? It's all up to you, they simply put the idea inside you. Whether you will make it come true, or will you simply likes to dream it to be true, The Magician's job is merely to give the dream, not realize it.

 That is what I am. A giver of dreams.


 I like to whisper successes to others, that they will be this and that. Just like my very explanation of a Magician in my very first post, I like to say things convincingly as if it will come true, utilizing the ability that I possessed. But, whether it's true or not, all depends on each person.

 "But you already know the real answer, right, Mr.Magician?"

 Indeed. Sometimes, I honestly believe their dreams will come true, and sometimes, I simply give them something to dream about. Sometimes, the people I influenced truly becomes what I expect them to be, and sometimes, they merely turn sad, disappointed of the false dreams in their mind.

 But I don't really mind. I'm just a Magician, I like to use my magical spells, be it to influence or manipulate. And don't worry, I still know the limits between what's right and wrong. I never manipulate people to absolute ruin, I can assure you that.

 And now, I am here to tell you of the many stories I have as a Magician. From when I was a small dreamless child, into who I was today.

 The Story of Truths and Lies.
 The Story of Smiles and Smirks.
 The Story of Reality and Fiction.

 The Story of a Magician, with the Magic of Words in their possession.

No comments:

Post a Comment